Rare opportunity to join one of the leading corporate advisory boutiques in Sydney. Blackpeak Capital (www.blackpeakcapital.com.au) is an independent corporate advisory firm providing corporate finance and strategic advice to clients across a range of sectors including technology, financial services, industrials, agriculture, and natural resources. Blackpeak Capital focuses on independent, objective advice with respect to mergers & acquisitions and capital raisings. Continued growth and momentum in the business has created an opportunity to hire a Corporate Finance Analyst.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a growing team, involved in all stages of the transaction process from origination to execution and will work directly with the principals who are experienced investment bankers.
Responsibilities will vary according to the transaction situation but will include:
- Financial modelling
- Undertaking valuation benchmarking analysis
- Background research on companies and/or industries
- Assisting in the preparation of client presentations, board papers, information memorandums, prospectuses, investor presentations and other transaction documentation
- Participating in the execution of transactions including managing due diligence processes
- Client liaison
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 1-2 years corporate finance experience from a Big 4 accounting firm, in-house M&A, investment bank or private equity/ venture capital firm.
Candidates should possess outstanding technical and interpersonal skills as well as high levels of enthusiasm and energy. You will be self-sufficient and comfortable working within a small, dynamic and growing team.
You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package (including bonus) and a team culture respectful of work life balance.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with excellent academic results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to interface and transact at senior levels
- Highly numerate with demonstrated financial modelling and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and investment banking
- Advanced computer literacy – high level of proficiency with the MS Office suite (ie. Excel, Powerpoint, Word), experience with Capital IQ and Mergermarket is advantageous although not required
- Proactive, team player with a strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and be able to manage multiple projects
- Excellent research and analytical skills
Applicants must be living in Australia with full Australian working rights (Citizenship or Permanent Residency).
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, resume and academic transcript.